Friday 11 March 2022

Having just recovered from knee surgery (which I don't think has solved the problem) I have not been able to get out for a good few weeks. Now that I am able to walk a little further I have spent a while walking at Nethergong and also using the hide where I can conveniently sit and rest. Birds of note in my last few sessions have included Lesser Redpoll (64), 1 Siskin (65), Skylark (66), Collared Dove (67). Red Kite (68), Common Gull (69), Merlin (70), Chiffchaff (71) and Ring necked Parakeet (72). I'ts been nice to hear a good range of species starting to sing and with some warm weather yesterday, the first Peacock butterflies were seen. There have been up to 4 Raven knocking around the area and up to 5 Yellowhammer have been seen feeding in the chicken pens on seeds. I'm still unable to tempt them for a few photos though. Night time recording (nocmig) hasn't really got underway yet but I have heard Barn Owl, Tawny Owl and Water Rail of late. Hopefully in the next few weeks and with favorable weather, I will be able to add a few more species to the list and maybe a few quality species too.  









Stock Dove 






Raven 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Marc. Sorry for the late visit - just got back from a week on the Scillies. Sorry to hear that you reckon the knee problem hasn't been solved. That must be very frustrating after being put out of action for a while after having the op. At least you have Nethergong and your hide to keep you occupied - and with good results too, so it seems!

    I hope that it's all sorted soon - goog luck! - - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Richard. Hopefully with time it will get better. The hide has been good company of late. Take care.

    ReplyDelete