Saturday 1 June 2024

Birding highlights over the past week or so included on the 25th May, 2 Turtle Dove, 2 Cuckoo, 1 Common Tern, 1 Bittern booming, 1 Marsh Harrier, 3 Reed Warbler, 1 Swallow, 3 Chiffchaff, 3 Cetti's Warbler, 3 Blackcap, 2 Whitethroat and 2 Yellowhammer. A couple of hours this morning from 10am in cold windy conditions produced 4 Mute swan, 1 Cuckoo, 19 Swift, 3 House Martin (119), 1 Black headed Gull, 2 Lesser Black backed Gull, 4 Common Tern, 1 Grey Heron, 4 Marsh Harrier, 2 Common Buzzard, 4 Kestrel, 1 Hobby, 1 Peregrine, 1 Jay, 5 Skylark, 1 Curlew (120)  seen flying west, 2 Sedge Warbler, 3 Reed Warbler, 13 Sand Martin, 14 Swallow, 2 Cetti's Warbler, 2 Blackcap, 2 Whitethroat, 1 Stonechat, 4 Yellow Wagtail, 2 Bullfinch, 8 Linnet, 2 Goldfinch and 2 Yellowhammer





Reed Warbler 


Swift 

1 comment:

  1. This time it's a bird on your list unless I get on my bike I'm not likely to see in my area. Believe it or not, I've yet to see my first Swift this year, and we're now into June.

    Enjoy the coming summer weeks Marc....Pete.

    ReplyDelete