Monday 25 October 2021

With some sunshine forecast for this morning, I was dropped off at Nethergong around 10am where I wandered to the feeding station and put up the hide. After topping up the feeders and putting some peanuts in the crevices, I settled in for a few hours in quite sunny conditions but as the day went on, it did get quite cloudy and at one stage, poured hard. It was nice to be kept quite busy with visits from Blue, Great and Long tailed Tits, Robins, Dunnocks, House Sparrows, Great spotted Woodpeckers and the Jay returned again today. A Chaffinch wanted to try and feed but never quite made it but i'm sure with time and colder weather, they will gain some confidence soon. I was able to take a number of images with some turning out quite pleasing but I will need to play around with the set up to obtain the best positions and backgrounds. 2 Raven flew over calling and a Water Rail and Cetti's Warbler called from near the lake. I ended the day starting to make another feeding station in the woods which I hope to attract a Bullfinch as well as other woodland birds. The light might well be tricky here but it's certainly a challenge to look forward too. 




Blue Tit


Dunnock 


Great spotted Woodpecker






Jay

1 comment:

  1. Marvellous stuff, Marc! I particularly like the GS Woody image with all the feather detail. Wishing you all the best with your Bullfinch plans.

    Take good care - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete