Monday 21 August 2023

A couple of visits in the past few days have been quite predictable with the usual 50 or so species seen on a daily basis and despite bashing the bushes, I still cannot find a Redstart or a Pied Flycatcher, the latter being a scarce bird here with only one record in the six years of watching the site. Hopefully if i continue and can keep the spirits up, I may get a reward for my efforts. Other birds noted have included 2 Raven, 118 Mallard, 1 Turtle Dove still lingering, 1 Peregrine, 2 Common Buzzard, 48 Jackdaw, 4 Skylark, 3 Grey Heron, 1 Grasshopper Warbler seen reeling occasionally on and off, 3 Willow Warbler, 9 Chiffchaff, 3 Cetti's Warbler, 2 Lesser Whitethroat, 2 Treecreeper, 2 Stonechat, 1 Whinchat, 6 Yellow Wagtail, c40 Linnet, c40 Goldfinch, 2 Yellowhammer and 14 Reed Bunting, 1 Merlin, 1 Marsh Harrier, 1 Kingfisher, 1 Hobby and 3 Blackcap. 





Grasshopper Warbler


Yellow Wagtail

2 comments:

  1. Super shots as always, Marc. I've only once managed to photograph a Grasshopper Warbler, so I'm quite envious.

    Have looked at the Nethergong Camping web site and not sure that, at my age, I can cope with cooking outside and remote toilets, even if I do go for the comfort of a shepherd's hut or carvan.

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Richard. Not the easiest of birds to photograph. You sound more of a 'glamper' to me. Can't beat cooking whilst camping. The bacon tastes that much better!! Take care.

      Delete