Sunday 12 November 2023

After a couple of weeks of absence, it was back to Nethergong over the weekend where on Saturday and Sunday, I managed to see or hear 50 species on both days. Saturday in sunny weather from 7am produced 37 Greylag Geese, 6 Mute Swan, 2 Common Gull, 42 Cormorant, 2 Common Buzzard, 1 Kingfisher, 1 Great spotted Woodpecker, 2 Green Woodpecker, 1 Kestrel, 1 Peregrine, 2 Jay, 1 Raven, 4 Skylark, 3 Cetti's Warbler, 2 Goldcrest, 1 Treecreeper, 9 Redwing, 2 Fieldfare, 4 Stonechat, 1 Grey Wagtail, 16 Chaffinch, 2 Bullfinch, 1 Greenfinch, 1 Siskin and 3 Yellowhammer. In cloudy skies this morning from 7am I noted 1 Golden Plover, 31 Cormorant, 1 Sparrowhawk, 4 Common Buzzard, 1 Kestrel, 1 Raven, 4 Skylark, 1 Swallow flying south, 3 Chiffchaff, 2 Goldcrest, 1 Treecreeper, 8 Redwing, 14 Fieldfare, 3 Stonechat, 2 Pied Wagtail, 1 Brambling heard (127), 2 Bullfinch, 1 Greenfinch, 2 Siskin and 2 Reed Bunting. 'Nocmig' recording last night failed to produce anything flying over. Before leaving this morning, I spent some time preparing and area near the top wood for my feeding station where hopefully over the winter, I can tempt in some Jays and other species to photograph from my hide. 





Goldcrest





Stonechat

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marc. I can now leave a comment on this blog - but only as 'anonymous'.

    The Goldcrest shots are stunnning - not an easy bird to photograph, as I have found lately, with one visiting my garden on a couple of occasions.

    Best wishes - - - Richard (Pegler)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for taking the time Richard to comment. Not sure what's up but I'm having to click on the anonymous list and click name and URL. After inputting my name and blog address its let's me comment as me. Take care.

    ReplyDelete