Highlights of a late morning visit yesterday in very warm conditions for a few hours were 9 Egyptian Geese including the 7 goslings and adopted Mallard still, 2 Lesser Black backed Gull, 1 Sparrowhawk, 1 Marsh Harrier, 2 Common Buzzard, 3 Kestrel, 2 Raven, 2 Reed Warbler, 7 Swallow, 2 House Martin, 2 Chiffchaff, 2 Cetti's Warbler, 1 Lesser Whitethroat (116), 1 Whitethroat, 1 Treecreeper, 1 Whinchat (117), 2 Pied Wagtail, 1 Bullfinch, 10 Linnet and 1 Goldfinch. A Clouded Yellow was only the second record on the patch here in 10 years.
I was out early this morning now I have the car back and walked around the campsite and parts of Chislet Marshes where I noted 9 Egyptian Geese still, 62 Mallard, 3 Pheasant, 1 Golden Plover heard calling, 2 Green Sandpiper, 6 Black headed Gull, 1 Lesser Black backed Gull, 2 Common Tern, 11 Cormorant, 1 Grey Heron, 1 Sparrowhawk, 1 Common Buzzard, 1 Little Owl, 2 Great spotted Woodpecker, 2 Green Woodpecker, 3 Kestrel, 3 Jay, 105 Jackdaw, 37 Rook, 2 Raven and 10 Sedge Warbler. There were 6 Reed Warbler, 7 Swallow, 2 Willow Warbler, 3 Chiffchaff, 3 Cetti's Warbler, 4 Long tailed Tit, 2 Blackcap, 8 Whitethroat, 1 Mistle Thrush, 1 Song Thrush, 14 House Sparrow, 7 Yellow Wagtail, 3 Pied Wagtail, 7 Chaffinch, 2 Bullfinch, 72 Linnet, 6 Goldfinch, 4 Yellowhammer and 4 Reed Bunting. It was pleasing to see a (the) Clouded Yellow where I managed a few shots of this rare species here and I also saw my first Water Vole for the patch. Nocmig recording Friday night produced 1 Tawny Owl, 1 Barn Owl and 1 Oystercatcher (118) flying over calling during the night.



No comments:
Post a Comment