Wednesday 21 June 2023

I had a couple of hours out Monday night from 18:30 in lovely sunny and windless conditions in the Nethergong area with the view of looking for hunting Barn Owls and hopefully a few photos. On arrival it wasn't long until 2 Barn Owls were out hunting but getting anywhere near them was always challenging with various ditches in the way. In the end I picked a spot and just waited in the hope they would pass over. Eventually they did a couple of passes but not really the desired shots I had in mind. It was interesting though watching their habits and hopefully another visit will see me learning from my mistakes and getting a few extra shots. Other birds noted included 1 Turtle Dove, 2 Raven back up by their old nest on the pylon, 2 Common Tern, 1 Cuckoo and a lovely flyby by a male Marsh Harrier. 








Barn Owl








Marsh Harrier

1 comment:

  1. Great shots as always, Marc. That last Barn Owl shot is my favourite - it had you spotted!

    I was hoping for Barn Owl when I was in Norfolk, but I was having such a busy time during the day that I'd run out of steam by the evening!

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete