Saturday 11 December 2021

I have spent a few hours over the past few weekends in the hide at Nethergong photographing birds visiting the feeding station. Regular visitors have included Blue, Great and Long tailed Tit, Chaffinch, House Sparrow, Great spotted Woodpecker, Dunnock, Robin and the odd Jay. A few birds are still a little wary but I'm hopeful that with the colder weather approaching, they will visit and allow some photos. Other birds have included Moorhen and Water Rail in the background and with some further planning, I hope to get these on camera over the winter months. On the negative side, there does not appear to be any Yellowhammer in the area but I hope some appear soon as this was one of the target species I wanted to photograph. I have a few Kingfisher perches out in the hope I can get a few photos during the winter but I think we need a real cold snap to push them into the dykes. Below are a few photos which have been taken from the hide. A few weeks still to go and I'm ever hopeful of maybe a Hen Harrier or Great Black backed Gull to fly through. 








Blue Tit





Great spotted Woodpecker (female)


Great Tit


Robin 

2 comments:

  1. You have a great set-up there, Marc, and are getting some super results. Wishing you the best of luck with your 'hoped for' birds. Stay safe in these worrying times - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Richard. It makes a change to sit and wait rather than walk around for a change. Take care.

      Delete