Wednesday 20 December 2023

With the holidays now here and a little more time on my hands, I have made a couple more trips down to Nethergong where I have spent a few hours in my hide watching and photographing the Jays. The weather has not been brilliant to say the least and I have only had a few sunny spells where the Jays have actually turned up on cue. Having said that,  at least 4 Jays have been seen in the woods with a couple quite confident now. The Squirrels however have been completely doing my head in and seem never to give up. When they have not been ruining everything I have managed to take a number of pleasing images of these beautiful birds. Other notable birds seen or heard from the hide over the past few days have included 1 Green Sandpiper heard, 1 Marsh Harrier, 2 Common Buzzard, 2 Goldcrest and 1 Sparrowhawk. I spent a couple of hours Monday night watching over Chislet Marshes, just north of Nethergong where I noted 4 Common Buzzard, 3 Marsh Harrier, c120 Lapwing, 81 Mute Swan, c100 Fieldfare and 1 Raven

















Jay

1 comment:

  1. More brilliant Jay images, Marc.

    I still can't log in to your blog with my Google account - only 'anonymous' .

    Best wishes for a Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you and the family - - - Richard (Pegler)

    ReplyDelete