Friday 16 February 2024

I made two visits into the area today. A couple of hours early this morning from first light in drizzly and cloudy conditions and again this afternoon for an hour at 15:15 in sunny conditions overlooking some of the marsh. Birds noted this morning included c40 Mute swan, 1 Water Rail, 10 Moorhen, 1 Coot, 1720 Cormorant, 1 Grey Heron, 3 Marsh Harrier, 1 Common Buzzard, 2 Kestrel, 1 Raven, 1 Skylark, 3 Cetti's Warbler, 110 Fieldfare, 2 Stonechat, 3 Meadow Pipit and 4 Reed Bunting. This afternoon with the scope overlooking some of the marsh produced 3 Marsh Harrier, 2 Kestrel, 3 Common Buzzard and best of all, 1 ring-tail Hen Harrier (82) seen flying in quite high from the east and eventually coming down lower before continuing on towards Grove Ferry. A bonus bird for the year. Recording on the night of the 15th produced a close calling Tawny Owl. As I took quite a few shots the other day of the Firecrest, I thought I would post a few more. 






Firecrest 


Tawny Owl 

2 comments:

  1. More fabulous shots of a gorgeous bird in wonderful light, Marc.

    Still having problems leaving a comment with Google - having to go through the rigmarole of typoing in my name and URL of my own blog

    Best wishes - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Richard. I have to do that myself to leave a comment. A nightmare I can't seem to get to the bottom of. I appreciate you taking the time to comment though. Take care.

    ReplyDelete