Sunday, 23 August 2026

I was out at 05:15 where as I drove over to Nethergong, 1 Little Owl was seen on top of a post. After parking up to collect my recorder from the night before, 1 Barn Owl was seen quartering the fields. I then spent just over 2 hours walking around mostly the Nethergong end where I noted 1+ Greylag Goose heard from the Stour Valley, 9 Mute Swan, 9 Egyptian Geese, you wait 10 years for a Pochard to turn up and today there were 4 Pochard. There were 7 Tufted Duck, 5 Pheasant, 12 Moorhen, 1 Coot, 12 Black headed Gull, 1 Mediterranean Gull, 19 Herring Gull, 2 Little Grebe, 7 Cormorant, 1 Grey Heron, 1 Marsh Harrier, 1 Common Buzzard, 1 Kingfisher, 2 Great spotted Woodpecker and 2 Green Woodpecker. Also seen were 2 Hobby, 1 Kestrel, 2 Jay, 1 Raven, 22 Jackdaw, 1 Blue Tit, 1 Great Tit, 1 Reed Warbler, 4 Chiffchaff, 7 Cetti's Warbler, 1 Blackcap, 1 Whitethroat, 1 Yellow Wagtail, 2 Pied Wagtail, 1 Chaffinch, 3 Goldfinch and 2 Reed Bunting. Nocmig recording in the area last night only produced a Barn Owl calling. 


3 of the 4 Pochard

No comments:

Post a Comment