Saturday 8 February 2020

I had a brief visit last Saturday where other than the usual birds, the only new bird was a Pied Wagtail (63). This morning I arrived at 7:15am where it was still raining lightly. I spent a few hours walking around the site in improving weather and noted a good few species. The undoubted highlight were 2 Raven (64) which were new birds for the area which I picked up on a distant pylon. Thankfully in the next 30 minutes, they made their way along the pylons towards me where they showed well calling regularly. Despite the dull cloudy weather, I rattled off a few shots to mark the occasion. Other birds noted this morning included 2 Mistle Thrush, c730 Cormorant, 2 Great spotted Woodpecker, 1 Green Woodpecker, 26 Fieldfare, 3 Pheasant, 1 Grey Heron, 3 Coot, 12 Gadwall, 3 Teal, 3 Common Buzzard and c25 Mute Swan. There were 2 Kestrel, 12 Stock Dove, 1 Skylark singing, 1 Cetti's Warbler, 2 Stonechat, 2 Meadow Pipit, 2 Jay, 1 Peregrine chasing a Merlin (65) low over the fields, 1 Water Rail, 1 Goldcrest, 1 Kingfisher, 1 Bullfinch and 1 Grey Wagtail (66) finished off a very rewarding session.
 



Raven
 


2 comments:

  1. Well, so many birdings, Cetti's Warbler, Green and Spotted Woodpeckers, Merlin and Raven flying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good session made even better by the Ravens. I think I was more excited to tell the owners of what I had found.

      Delete