Saturday 17 July 2021

With the dragonfly season in full swing now, this has taken up much of my time at the weekends but I have made a few visits to Nethergong and have started recording again at night in the past few weeks which has produced a few decent birds. A singing Turtle Dove was heard this morning and last weekend. Night time recording in the past few weeks on suitable nights has produced 2 Whimbrel, 1 Redshank, 1 Oystercatcher, 1 Grey Heron, 1 Skylark, 1 Little Owl, 1+ Barn Owl and 1 Bittern. A Tern type call was identified by a few as a Sandwich Tern and others, a Common Tern so with a difference in opinion, I have decided to leave it off the list for now. I'm hopeful that this species will at some point be added to the Nethergong list. It was nice to record 2 Raven calling early this morning as they flew through the site. It seems the Kestrels have fledged 3 young successfully but I have not seen the Barn Owls for a while although they were quite vocal last night. I'm still ever hopeful of a good / new bird still this year on the recorder. I would be happy with a Dunlin, Ringed Plover, Wood Sandpiper and Greenshank to name a few. Let's see what happens tonight. 


Barn Owl


Bittern


Redshank


Raven


No comments:

Post a Comment