Wednesday 22 February 2023

I had a walk around Nethergong Sunday morning for a couple of hours before spending some time in my hide in the woods at the feeding station in the hope the Jays would oblige. Birds noted included 5 Mute Swan, 22 Stock Dove, 1 Grey Heron, 2 Great spotted Woodpecker, 1 Green Woodpecker, 2 Kestrel, 1 Merlin, 4 Jay, 7 Skylark, 1 Cetti's Warbler, 1 Goldcrest, 1 Firecrest (74), 1 Mistle Thrush, 16 Redwing, 6 Meadow Pipit, 6 Water Pipit still in nearby cabbage fields, 2 Bullfinch, 4 Greenfinch and 1 Yellowhammer. After putting out a few peanuts I spent 2 hours sitting in the hide where up to 4 Jays were present with 2 birds coming in a few times where I was able to get a few photos. Whilst in the hide I heard a Raven calling nearby and a Lesser Redpoll (75) called a few times at it flew over. 'Nocmig' recording on the 9th February produced a single Golden Plover (73) over during the night. 




Jay



2 comments:

  1. Cracking shots of the Jay, Marc. I continue to be amazed at the number and variety of birds you see at Nethergong.

    Best wishes - - - Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos Marc.
    Regards,
    Roos

    ReplyDelete